Speedgroup

  • Russell Barber
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 5, 2008
      The outdoor track is supposed to be open tonight so we will have
      speedgroup. We will be doing 5-7x2min easy, 3min hard. We will begin
      the workout at 6:30. See you there!

      Russ
    • Russell Barber
      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 25, 2008
        We will be doing 5-7x300's tonight. We will begin at 6:30 so get there
        early to warm-up.

        Russ
      • Russell Barber
        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 31, 2008

          This Tuesday we will be doing 110 Accelerations 4-6 laps.  This is accelerating from each corner to the large light pole then slowing to a slow jog until you reach the next corner and repeat at each corner.  We will begin with a slow jog to the first corner and then accelerate gradually until you reach approximately full speed by the light pole.  In other words there will be four reps per lap.

          See you there early for warm-ups,

          Russ

        • Russell Barber
          Message 4 of 21 , Jul 15, 2008
            We will be doing 4-6x440 repeats today. Warmups 6:30 to 7:00pm.
            Workout begins at 7PM.

            Russ

            PS There will be no speedgroup next Tuesday as I will be at the
            Redlands Bowl for the Wizard of Oz. I encourage all of you to attend
            also. Lopers will be helping with the collection of donations and
            would like us to wear our pink tops. See link below for details

            http://www.redlandsbowl.org/programs.htm
          • Runnkm@aol.com

              Message 6 of 21 , Jul 16, 2008
                Be there around 7:30pm.  There will be a meeting at the west end of the bowl.  If you are facing the bowl that would be to your left and it will be toward the back on the grass.

                Russ
                We will be doing 4-6x440 repeats today. Warmups 6:30 to 7:00pm.
                Workout begins at 7PM.

                Russ

                PS There will be no speedgroup next Tuesday as I will be at the
                Redlands Bowl for the Wizard of Oz. I encourage all of you to attend
                also. Lopers will be helping with the collection of donations and
                would like us to wear our pink tops. See link below for details

                http://www.redlands bowl.org/ programs. htm

                Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live music scene in your area - Check out TourTracker. com!
              • Russell Barber
                Message 7 of 21 , Jul 4, 2011
                  Tom has asked me to lead speedgroup while he is away for the next few weeks.

                  The weather report is for 92 degrees and Unhealthful air quality according the AQMD.

                  If at least three people would like to do speed work then I will go ahead and hold the group session in which I suggest we do Ladders as it is a short 20 minute workout.

                  Let me know.

                  I sent a previous post but for some reason it has not appeared
                • Warren Johns
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jul 4, 2011
                    If it is short, I don't mind the heat!  I'll be there, even if we don't get the required number of three.

                    Warren

                    Tom has asked me to lead speedgroup while he is away for the next few weeks.

                    The weather report is for 92 degrees and Unhealthful air quality according the AQMD.

                    If at least three people would like to do speed work then I will go ahead and hold the group session in which I suggest we do Ladders as it is a short 20 minute workout.

                    Let me know.

                    I sent a previous post but for some reason it has not appeared

                    <*> Your email settings:
                        Individual Email | Traditional

                    <*> To change settings online go to:
                        (Yahoo! ID required)

                    <*> To change settings via email:
                        loperspeed_news-digest@yahoogroups.com
                        loperspeed_news-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  • Russell Barber
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jul 5, 2011
                      OK so far Warren is the only one who said he would be there.  Ladders work like this:

                      Run 2 min at 50% perceived effort, then a minute at 60%, a minute at 70%, a minute at 80%, a minute at 90% then go back down to a minute at 60% and climb the ladder again.  At the end of your 4th set you will go all the way to 100% and then back down to 50% for your last minute.  This is a short 20 minute workout.  You can then follow it up with a lap around the track.

                      Since it is really warm out you should not need a long warmup.  One lap should be sufficient but you can always do more if you would like.

                      Russ

                      Message 10 of 21 , Jul 5, 2011
                        Hi Russ I have a conflict with the time so I wont be there.  Can this still be an effective workout on the treadmill??

                        When the world pushes you to your knees, you are in the perfect position to pray.

                        Ronda

                        Message 11 of 21 , Jul 5, 2011
                          Ronda,

                          I would think it can be.  Try upping the speed by 0.3 or 0.4 increments or you could raise the incline by 1.5 to 2.0%.  It may take a little experimentation but I am sure you can make it work!

                          Russ

                        • drewlieberman56@sbcglobal.net
                          Message 12 of 21 , Jul 5, 2011
                            I do a lot of my speed work on the treadmill. What I like is the consistency, you can set your interval speed and time to be exactly the same on each repeat or vary it slightly if you want. You can even decide the pace of each rest.

                            One of my favorite workouts ends up being a 6 mile total run:

                            1 mile warm up
                            1/4 mile fast
                            1/4 mile easy (repeat for a total of 8 repeats (4 miles)
                            1 mile cool down

                            I usually do the fast at about my 5k race pace and the rest at my marathon race pace. This is pretty tough so you can do the same with a slower paced easy quarter

                            From: Russell Barber <marathoner26.2@...>
                            Sender: loperspeed_news@yahoogroups.com
                            Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 09:53:42 -0700 (PDT)
                            To: <loperspeed_news@yahoogroups.com>
                            ReplyTo: loperspeed_news@yahoogroups.com

                            Message 13 of 21 , Jul 5, 2011
                              Hi Russ,I plan on coming to speed group if back in town from up north.Thanks,Robin

                              Message 14 of 21 , Jul 5, 2011
                                Thanks, Im going to try it.

                                Message 15 of 21 , Jul 5, 2011
                                  Thanks Russ

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Jul 5, 2011
                                    Ronda, your welcome!

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Jul 11, 2011

                                      Hello Lopers!

                                      I would like to personally invite you to a FREE Health Fair we are having on July 23, 2011.

                                      Here is the information: http://www.karlaadams.com/page.php?REF=-1&page_ID=67

                                      We are also looking for some more volunteers. All volunteers receive a FREE No Whining t-shirt, pedometer as well as being added to a raffle for a free month of personal training. Here is the information on becoming a volunteer (deadline is Tuesday night to sign up to be a volunteer): http://www.karlaadams.com/page.php?page_ID=67&sub=32&Become-a-Volunteer

                                      If the lopers would like a FREE both please let me know. Look forward to seeing you there!

                                      :D

                                      Thank you!

                                      As Seen Karla Adams (1)-1

                                      My Bio   My Success

                                      Karla Adams

                                      Exercise Science & Sports Medicine Expert

                                      Karla Adams Fitness Corp. I Educate. Motivate. Change.

                                      Ph: 1.800.2606.FIT Ex: 5 l Direct: 01+951.315.0511

                                      karla@karlaadams.com l www.karlaadams.com

                                      6426 Magnolia Ave. Riverside CA, 92506

                                      Please add me to your address book to insure my emails do not go to your spam.