Antenna location for a loop antenna

  • Editor
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 11, 2013
      Question:

      Where is the best place to mount a magnet loop antenna (it is two Hermes 1.2 Meter loops phased together - 4 meters separation - fairly directional)?

      I am thinking to mount the system on our office complex roof which is a fairly large flat surface with a few HVAC units on it. Mounting up on the roof provides a bit of safety from all the copper thieves who are going through office parks these days and stealing whatever in not screwed down.

      The antenna would be about 20 feet above the parking lot and we are located right next to the San Francisco Bay with nothing to the west of our complex except water. All the roofs in the area are about the same height as ours. I can send photos if needed.

      Ideas and comments always welcome.

      Thanks.

      Kevin

    • reagindennis
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 11, 2013
        Kevin...My only advice would be to mount the antenna as close to the center of the building as possible in order to avoid detection from the copper thieves you have mentioned.I have read that at 20' and above ground level,it should be mounted in a horizontal configuration.It sounds like it will work well from that geographical location.Dennis W7KB