Re: [loopantennas] Dual Coil Loop Antenna

  • Stacy Williams
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 7, 2013

      Hello Everett

      Thanks for the tip about your PDF on this subject, which is really, interesting.  Regarding the use of two coils with a working loop, from my personal experience, they do work very well.  Intact, I had a small wire loop receiving signals with two large wire coils distal to the end feeds.  The loop was just 14meters in diameter and the child fed into an unun.  This antenna was really good too, many shortwave listeners were contacting me to advise that they were witness to my DX.

      As for all electrically short antennas, they do work very well, especially for users who are limited by space!

      Please can anyone advise on where around 20 meters of PEX tube, 32mm diameter, can be purchased in the UK?

      Regards

      Stacy
      m0wsa

      Spooky action at a distance.......

      On Jun 7, 2013 12:17 PM, "Everett" <everettsharp@...> wrote:

      Yesterday I posted, in the files section, an article " Dual Coil, Tuned Air Loop SW Antenna for 1.6 MHz to 20 MHz Coverage "

      73's Everett

    • w8rmv
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 8, 2013
        Any comments on the CR-1? I like it, but I do own an R75 already.
        73 - Bob

        --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "Everett" <everettsharp@...> wrote:

        > Yesterday I posted, in the files section, an article " Dual Coil, Tuned Air Loop SW Antenna for 1.6 MHz to 20 MHz Coverage "
        >
        > 73's Everett

      • Tony
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 12, 2013
          Hi Everett,
          txs for uploading your pdf file on the dual coil loop.
          Could you please specify more how you attach the 2 coils together with "hollow nylon spacers"..? Perhaps a picture could explain everything...?
          Txs for your time answering my question.

          Kind regards

          Tony
          ON4TVT