Dual Coil Loop Antenna

  • Everett
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 7, 2013
      Yesterday I posted, in the files section, an article " Dual Coil, Tuned Air Loop SW Antenna for 1.6 MHz to 20 MHz Coverage "

      73's Everett
    • Stacy Williams
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 7, 2013

        Hello Everett

        Thanks for the tip about your PDF on this subject, which is really, interesting.  Regarding the use of two coils with a working loop, from my personal experience, they do work very well.  Intact, I had a small wire loop receiving signals with two large wire coils distal to the end feeds.  The loop was just 14meters in diameter and the child fed into an unun.  This antenna was really good too, many shortwave listeners were contacting me to advise that they were witness to my DX.

        As for all electrically short antennas, they do work very well, especially for users who are limited by space!

        Please can anyone advise on where around 20 meters of PEX tube, 32mm diameter, can be purchased in the UK?

        Regards

        Stacy
        m0wsa

        Spooky action at a distance.......

        On Jun 7, 2013 12:17 PM, "Everett" <everettsharp@...> wrote:

        Yesterday I posted, in the files section, an article " Dual Coil, Tuned Air Loop SW Antenna for 1.6 MHz to 20 MHz Coverage "

        73's Everett

      • w8rmv
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 8, 2013
          Any comments on the CR-1? I like it, but I do own an R75 already.
          73 - Bob

          --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "Everett" <everettsharp@...> wrote:

          > Yesterday I posted, in the files section, an article " Dual Coil, Tuned Air Loop SW Antenna for 1.6 MHz to 20 MHz Coverage "
          >
          > 73's Everett

        • Tony
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 12, 2013
            Hi Everett,
            txs for uploading your pdf file on the dual coil loop.
            Could you please specify more how you attach the 2 coils together with "hollow nylon spacers"..? Perhaps a picture could explain everything...?
            Txs for your time answering my question.

            Kind regards

            Tony
            ON4TVT