Palstar LA-30 Rotating Loopstick Lowband RX Antenna for sale

  • William Hein
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2013

      I purchased this high performance, ruggedly built loopstick antenna in 2010 and never got around to using it.  I now live in a house that is partially underground (not good for indoor antennas) and have room for Beverage antennas so this - new condition, only used to test performance - unit is for sale along with the the accessory plug-ins loopsticks for long wave (110 kHz to 550 kHz and tropical band (1480 kHz to 7.5 MHz).  Note the base unit covers MW 410 kHz to 2.05 MHz.

      From the Palstar Website:

      "The new Palstar LA30 Ferrite Loopstick Antenna is designed for the avid LF, MW, and Tropical Band SW listener. The LA30 is a rotating loopstick antenna using active electronics to give high selectivity & gain. The tunable pre-selector ensures best possible weak signal reception and interference rejection.

      "A hi-Q pre-selector eliminates interference from powerful nearby stations. A +15 dB pre-amplifier pulls in weak stations, while a 15 dB attenuator prevents overload when listening to strong stations. Rear switch can select either wall transformer input or a 9V internal AA battery pack.

      "Add 11 Ga. (.090" thick) iridite-treated aluminum metalwork and durable powder coated finish on the front panel and top cover, and you have the LA30."

      Would cost you over $510 today, will sell for $399 plus shipping and insurance (or you pick up near Grand Junction CO).  Non-smoking shack.  Serial number 14929.  PayPal preferred or will take check or Wal-Mart money order.

      73
      Bill

      73
      Bill AA7XT