Re: Looking for BCB Antenna - Ribbon Cable

  • rob_shelton_66
    Message 1 of 11 , May 25, 2013
      Something like this?
      http://www.instructables.com/id/Medium-Wave-AM-broadcast-band-resonant-loop-antenn/

      Or maybe something from this page, maybe about half way down?
      http://www.dxzone.com/tag-ribbon-cable-loop/9.html

      Hope these might help. I'm new to this group so I might not know what you are looking for!

      Good Luck,
      Rob

      --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "dziki64" <dziki64@...> wrote:

      > Hello. I'm looking for an article/website that made a broadcast band loop antenna using computer ribbon cable. I believe it used about 10 or 12 rows of the cable.
      >
      > Any ideas?
      >
      > Thanks!
      > Marty

    • kevin asato
      Message 2 of 11 , May 26, 2013
        That's the easy to find one. He had several pages of loop antennas including 3 foot box loop using (computer) ribbon cable.
        73,
        kevin
        kc6pob

        Message 3 of 11 , May 26, 2013
          Wayback Machine found it...

          http://web.archive.org/web/20070518051928/http://www.mindspring.com/~loop_antenna/ribbonloop.htm

          It's also included in here http://www11.zetatalk.com/docs/Radio/Antennas/Am_Loop_Antennas_2004.pdf

          73
          Tony

          @swlistener
          http://swlistener.wordpress.com

          --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "dziki64" <dziki64@...> wrote:

          > Hello. I'm looking for an article/website that made a broadcast band loop antenna using computer ribbon cable. I believe it used about 10 or 12 rows of the cable.
          >
          > Any ideas?
          >
          > Thanks!
          > Marty

        • wharpt1
          Message 4 of 11 , May 26, 2013
            Is this what you are looking for?

            Wharpt

          • kevin asato
            Message 5 of 11 , May 26, 2013
              that's the one I was trying to look for. Not sure what the original poster wanted.

              Now saved in my archives.
              73,
              kevin
              kc6pob

              Message 6 of 11 , May 27, 2013
                Tony,
                Yes, this is it. The web.archive.org article is what I was looking for. THANK YOU and thanks to all who posted. Much appreciated!

                Marty