Re: question for MW loop

  • riccardodematteis
    Message 1 of 5 , May 19, 2013
      I believe it depends on the capacitor you have.
      How about trying this calculator:
      http://www.angelfire.com/mb/amandx/loop.html

      --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, LIAGKAS ZAXARIAS <greekdx@...> wrote:

      > Hello
      > I m thinking into making a MW loop using this box
      > http://www.ipernity.com/doc/zliangas/15104891
      > that has dimensions of
      >
      > 30 x 49.5 x 26cm height (5 cm for the handler )
      >
      > How many turns do you think are necessary to resonate in the MW band?
      > I Need this information before i buy the necesary wire ...
      >
      > A friend has made something similar using a box of 35x52 x 26 height using Ethernet cable with wire steps of 1 cm
      >

      > zach

    • LIANGAS ZACHARIAS
      Message 2 of 5 , May 21, 2013
        Yes i just tested it and was a little garbled with his winding number> althouth as noticed he used 0.5 inch step , the default number shown in the calculator is 0.05
        Does it mean that i have to use the 1/10 of the real spacing??

        riccardodematteis <riccardodematteis@...> wrote:
        > I believe it depends on the capacitor you have.
        > How about trying this calculator:
        > http://www.angelfire.com/mb/amandx/loop.html
        >

        > --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, LIAGKAS ZAXARIAS <greekdx@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello
        > > I m thinking into making a MW loop using this box
        > > http://www.ipernity.com/doc/zliangas/15104891
        > > that has dimensions of
        > >
        > > 30 x 49.5 x 26cm height (5 cm for the handler )
        > >
        > > How many turns do you think are necessary to resonate in the MW band?
        > > I Need this information before i buy the necesary wire ...
        > >
        > > A friend has made something similar using a box of 35x52 x 26 height using Ethernet cable with wire steps of 1 cm
        > >

        > > zach

        > You can now view images at higher resolution in Photos. Upload JPG and GIF into Photos. Please convert BMP or TIF to JPG or GIF before uploading.
        >
        > And please trim all this when replying!Yahoo! Groups Links

      • riccardodematteis
        Message 3 of 5 , May 21, 2013
          you don't have to stick to that spacing value
          you have to play with capacitance and inductance
          a big variable capacitor will help
          http://makearadio.com/loops/

          --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, LIANGAS ZACHARIAS <greekdx@...> wrote:

          > Yes i just tested it and was a little garbled with his winding number> althouth as noticed he used 0.5 inch step , the default number shown in the calculator is 0.05
          > Does it mean that i have to use the 1/10 of the real spacing??
          >

          > riccardodematteis <riccardodematteis@...> wrote:
          > > I believe it depends on the capacitor you have.
          > > How about trying this calculator:
          > > http://www.angelfire.com/mb/amandx/loop.html
          > >

          > > --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, LIAGKAS ZAXARIAS <greekdx@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hello
          > > > I m thinking into making a MW loop using this box
          > > > http://www.ipernity.com/doc/zliangas/15104891
          > > > that has dimensions of
          > > >
          > > > 30 x 49.5 x 26cm height (5 cm for the handler )
          > > >
          > > > How many turns do you think are necessary to resonate in the MW band?
          > > > I Need this information before i buy the necesary wire ...
          > > >
          > > > A friend has made something similar using a box of 35x52 x 26 height using Ethernet cable with wire steps of 1 cm
          > > >

          > > > zach

          > > You can now view images at higher resolution in Photos. Upload JPG and GIF into Photos. Please convert BMP or TIF to JPG or GIF before uploading.
          > >
          > > And please trim all this when replying!Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Zacharias
          Message 4 of 5 , May 21, 2013
            OK thank you for the info

            I have many spare capacitors ranging from 150 to 1500 pf!
            The design of amandx reminds my big loop on
            http://www.ipernity.com/doc/zliangas/13310480/in/album/282394
            that is not easily transferable outside the house