Re: AM Antenna for Seagen WR-2

  • jpopelish
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29, 2013
      --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, John Popelish <jpopelish@...> wrote:

      > Is this a Sangean WR-2, with a coax antenna connector?
      >
      > If so, there is probably a large impedance mismatch between
      > it and your (I assume) 4 turn, 1 foot loop.
      >
      > Have you tried to tune the loop with a variable capacitor
      > (or some different fixed capacitor values)?
      >
      > I think I would try connecting a tuning capacitor across the
      > 4 turns, and connect the shell of the coax to the "ground"
      > (case ) terminal of that capacitor, and one turn from that
      > node, to the pin of the coax connector.

      Sorry, I looked at a photo that had only a coax (type F) antenna connector, but that is only for FM antennas. The one with optional AM antenna input has screw terminals.

      But my idea for connecting across one turn of a multi-turn, tuned loop holds, but you connect that turn to the two screw terminals.

      John Popelish