Automatic Antenna Tuner for QRP controlled by Android and Arduino

  • pu2clr
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 27, 2013
      Hello Everybody.

      I would like to show you my homebrew Magnetic Loop Antenna working with a homebrew Antenna Tuner controlled by Android and Arduino.

      Some times working with a Magnetic Loop Antenna can become uncomfortable because you have to tune the antenna every band or even frequency that you want to use.
      In my antenna, I introduced a system that gives me the possibility to tune it remotely.

      The main motivation to make a remote control for Magnetic Loop Antenna is to improve the performance tuning process.
      I have observed that when we operate close to the antenna, in general, it affects the accuracy.

      Operate away from the antenna decreases exposure to the electromagnetic field and also the risks with the high voltage of the capacitor.

      In this project, I chose to control my antenna from a Mobile Phone with Android System. In addition, I introduced to the system, an SWR meter that enable an automatic tune. During the course of the capacitor of the antenna tuner, the Arduino saves the capacitor position and records the value of the SWR.
      Once known the position of the capacitor which results in lowest SWR, the tuning is performed.

      See my video about: Automatic Antenna Tuner for QRP controlled by Android and Arduino: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZjbZRGTyVc

      Best Regards.
      Ricardo.
      PU2CLR.
    • jm38401
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 31, 2013
        Excellent work!! Thanks for sharing, Ricardo.

        73,
        John
        K4KQZ