Re: [loopantennas] Re: Circuit needed to switch IC-718 to receiving loop and then to transmit antenna

  • p1jn3v11
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 25, 2013
      Thanks Mike

      Looks like the easiest way.

      Steve

      -----Original Message-----
      From: m0dvo <mike.maguire@...>
      To: loopantennas <loopantennas@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Mon, Mar 25, 2013 5:35 am
      Subject: [loopantennas] Re: Circuit needed to switch IC-718 to receiving loop and then to transmit antenna

      Steve,

      The ACC connector has two pins which will help you - Pin 3 goes to ground on transmit and pin 8 supplies 13.8 volts at up to 1 amp.

      Hang a coax changeover relay coil (12v, find on eBay or suplus dealer) between them to switch the two feeds to the 718's antenna socket.

      An ordinary 12v power relay from any component supplier will do the job just as well if you want to build something yourself.

      Mike M0DVO