Circuit needed to switch IC-718 to receiving loop and then to transmit antenna

  • p1jn3v11
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 24, 2013
      I have a high noise problem due to high tension power transmission lines nearby. The IC-718 DSP noise filter does not do enough quieting.

      I need a circuit that can allow the loop to be used on receive only

      Thanks

      Steve
      KF7ZFC
    • m0dvo
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 25, 2013
        Steve,

        The ACC connector has two pins which will help you - Pin 3 goes to ground on transmit and pin 8 supplies 13.8 volts at up to 1 amp.

        Hang a coax changeover relay coil (12v, find on eBay or suplus dealer) between them to switch the two feeds to the 718's antenna socket.

        An ordinary 12v power relay from any component supplier will do the job just as well if you want to build something yourself.

        Mike M0DVO

        --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "p1jn3v11" <p1jn3v11@...> wrote:

        > I have a high noise problem due to high tension power transmission lines nearby. The IC-718 DSP noise filter does not do enough quieting.
        >
        > I need a circuit that can allow the loop to be used on receive only
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Steve
        > KF7ZFC

      • tenorman1952
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 25, 2013
          --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "p1jn3v11" <p1jn3v11@...> wrote:

          > I have a high noise problem due to high tension power transmission lines nearby. The IC-718 DSP noise filter does not do enough quieting.
          >
          > I need a circuit that can allow the loop to be used on receive only
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Steve
          > KF7ZFC

          Don't build, just buy an MFJ-1707.

          http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-1707

          I used the similar MFJ-1708 for switching my antenna between the 718 used for transmit, and the Icom R75 for receive. Worked very reliably, never a problem.

          The 1707 looks to be a nearly identical circuit, but switched one radio between antennas instead of the other way around.

          Paul - AE5JU
        • p1jn3v11
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 25, 2013
            Thanks Paul