Re: Litz Wire

  • kugellagers
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 23, 2013
      It just melts away as you solder. Keep your iron on longer than normal to burn aways the coating.

      Make sure you heat it enough for all the little wires to get coated with the solder or the the Litz wire will not be as effective.

      John
      ];')

      --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "Sudipta, VU3TKG" <oneghose@...> wrote:

      > Hi all!
      > Can any body tell me as to how do I remove insulation from Litz Wires and solder?
      > Many thanks,
      > 73
      > SG

    • Steve
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 16, 2013
        I'm building another shielded loop using a homebrew Burhan's preamp. This
        one will be either 9' or 10' in an octagonal shape. My previous shielded
        loops have always used RG-8 for the main element but this time I am
        considering RG-58 coax in an effort to reduce the wind loading a bit. I'm
        wondering if there would be any performance disadvantage by going to the
        smaller coax ?

        Steve / 73

        WEB - "The VE7SL Radio Notebook": http://members.shaw.ca/ve7sl