Twisting strands together

  • jpopelish
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26, 2013
      I found this video of a jump rope twister, that shows the principles of twisting strands together, so they form a neat rope that does not unwind. I think the device is overly complicated and over priced. I made something very simple and cheap out of three bent cranks, made of hanger wire, that were turned, in unison, by a board with three holes.

      "Red Hot Pepper Jump Rope Winder"
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoFcY8qA4rw

      http://www.wordworth.com/jump_rope.htm

      I think the idea could easily be extended to 4 or 5 strands, not just 3.

      John Popelish
    • Myamiphil
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 26, 2013