Re: [loopantennas] Re: 660/46 at 1700 kHz ??

  • Everettsharp
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 17, 2013
      When you heat the Litz wire you are melting/burning the varnish insulation on each wire strand, which leaves a lot of ash/cobs of black crap. I have soldered well over 200 to 300 Litz wire ends and have never broken one strand, that I know of.

      Everett

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Feb 17, 2013, at 5:03 AM, "Hue Miller" <kargo_cult@...> wrote:

      Is it really necessary to use Litz at those frequencies?
      Also, why the procedure which uses a rag to wipe the soldered point?
      I have never  worked with 46 ga. but it seems to me you would want to
      avoid anything that might break the strands exiting the solder point.
      -Hue