Re: [loopantennas] Re: Varactor tuned loop questions

  • Richard (Rick) Karlquist
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 31, 2013
      On 1/31/2013 11:52 AM, Steve wrote:
      > My thanks to everyone who responded"
      >
      > As a footnote, a packet of 1SV149s arrived today, they and appear to be
      > working fine. I have implemented Chris' idea of a relay for protection -

      Please, where did you buy the 1SV149's?

      Rick N6RK
    • Steve
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 1, 2013
        I bought here:
        http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121036971493&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:3160

        Steve

        --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" wrote:

        > Please, where did you buy the 1SV149's?
        >
        > Rick N6RK

      • Chris Trask
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 1, 2013
        • Steve
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 1, 2013
            Really?

            10 for $2.99 here:
            http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10pcs-1SV149-ISV149-1SV-149-Varicap-Varactor-diodes-NEW-/200609638692?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb5442924

            Regards,
            Steve

            --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, Chris Trask wrote:

            > That is exceptionally cheap.
            >
            > Chris

          • Chris Trask
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 1, 2013

              >> That is exceptionally cheap.
              >>

              >Really?
              >
              >10 for $2.99 here:
              >http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10pcs-1SV149-ISV149-1SV-149-Varicap-Varactor-diodes-NEW-/200609638692?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb5442924

              I was thinking with regard to the NTE equivalent. This price is amazing. Didn't think that we would ever see affordable varactors of this range in a leaded package ever again. Certainly glad that this discussion came up as I can now look at other designs and not cringe at the cost of the varactors.

              Chris

              Chris
            • Steve
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 1, 2013
                @ Chris,

                Slightly OT, but I thought I might also try your loop amplifier in a wideband design! I'm struggling to find the MPS6521; would the BC550C be a suitable replacement?

                Also, I see no value for C18 in the schematic, but two figures given for C15; I presume C18 is the 47uF and C15 100nF?

                Thanks,
                Steve