Re: Varactor tuned loop questions

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 31, 2013
      My thanks to everyone who responded"

      As a footnote, a packet of 1SV149s arrived today, they and appear to be working fine. I have implemented Chris' idea of a relay for protection - it is driven from my station T/R line.

      Thanks again.
      Steve
    • Richard (Rick) Karlquist
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 31, 2013
        On 1/31/2013 11:52 AM, Steve wrote:
        > My thanks to everyone who responded"
        >
        > As a footnote, a packet of 1SV149s arrived today, they and appear to be
        > working fine. I have implemented Chris' idea of a relay for protection -

        Please, where did you buy the 1SV149's?

        Rick N6RK
      • Steve
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 1, 2013
          I bought here:
          http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121036971493&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:3160

          Steve

          --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" wrote:

          > Please, where did you buy the 1SV149's?
          >
          > Rick N6RK

        • Chris Trask
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 1, 2013
          • Steve
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 1, 2013
              Really?

              10 for $2.99 here:
              http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10pcs-1SV149-ISV149-1SV-149-Varicap-Varactor-diodes-NEW-/200609638692?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb5442924

              Regards,
              Steve

              --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, Chris Trask wrote:

              > That is exceptionally cheap.
              >
              > Chris

            • Chris Trask
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 1, 2013

                >> That is exceptionally cheap.
                >>

                >Really?
                >
                >10 for $2.99 here:
                >http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10pcs-1SV149-ISV149-1SV-149-Varicap-Varactor-diodes-NEW-/200609638692?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb5442924

                I was thinking with regard to the NTE equivalent. This price is amazing. Didn't think that we would ever see affordable varactors of this range in a leaded package ever again. Certainly glad that this discussion came up as I can now look at other designs and not cringe at the cost of the varactors.

                Chris

                Chris
              • Steve
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 1, 2013
                  @ Chris,

                  Slightly OT, but I thought I might also try your loop amplifier in a wideband design! I'm struggling to find the MPS6521; would the BC550C be a suitable replacement?

                  Also, I see no value for C18 in the schematic, but two figures given for C15; I presume C18 is the 47uF and C15 100nF?

                  Thanks,
                  Steve