Re: Wideband small loop amp

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 9, 2013
      Hi Larry

      The wideband receiving loop antenna I would recommend is the M0AYF design, see http://www.qsl.net/m0ayf/active-loop-receiving-antenna.html

      I built this design on stripboard and it really works very well. Before I had this loop 160,80 & 40 were so full of noise I despaired, but with this little antenna in place, these bands are once again just as good as they were when I first started out in amateur radio over 45 years ago, free from plasma TVs, switch mode PSUs etc. The parts are very easy to get hold of, nothing exotic. The hardest part is providing a waterproof housing.

      Of course if you have the funds, then a Wellbrook amplifier, eg http://www.wellbrook.uk.com/antennashop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=40 should also do the trick, but at a price !!

      73

      Peter