Re: [loopantennas] Digest Number 220

  • Tony S.
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 23, 2005
      I have vague memories, but would like to know more. Is it as directional as the AM loop antenna Radio Shack had a few years ago? Please let me know. :-)

      Thanks in advance.

      Tony

      >From: loopantennas@yahoogroups.com
      >Date: Sat Jul 23 05:55:44 CDT 2005
      >To: loopantennas@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [loopantennas] Digest Number 220

      >There is 1 message in this issue.
      >
      >Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. preamplified FM loop
      > From: "Danny" <dannibou@...>

      >Message: 1
      > Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 23:07:12 -0000
      > From: "Danny" <dannibou@...>
      >Subject: preamplified FM loop
      >
      >--- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "Danny" <dannibou@y...> wrote:
      >> Hi group
      >> Anyone remember the Archer FM preamplified loop? I uploaded photos of
      >> this loop in the photo section. It is intended for indoor use and
      >> connect to a home tuner. I bought it about ten years ago. It is
      >> sensitive enough for it's size and gain is good too. The selector has
      >> to be tuned every 500khz or less to keep gain at it's max. Any info or
      >> interest on this unusual antenna?
      >> Danny

      >Put them in the appropriate folder, or create one.

    • Danny
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 25, 2005
        --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "Tony S." <Plutonyum@v...> wrote:
        > I have vague memories, but would like to know more. Is it as
        directional as the AM loop antenna Radio Shack had a few years ago?
        Please let me know. :-)

        > Thanks in advance.
        >
        > Tony

        Yes...and no. In fact, this antenna is omni directional when placed
        horizontally as it should. But if I slant it to vertical, it become
        directional. The RS loop was not available here in canada, so I can't
        tell you any comparison. I would like to have one here for the tuner of
        my stereo system. My FM loop use a surface mount dual gate fet's and
        seem to be balanced. There is a center tap in the middle of the loop.
        Unfortunately, I do not have diagram.
        Danny