Re: EZNEC+ model for 80 meter superloop antenna

  • tenorman1952
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 28 5:47 AM
      --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "Frederick Benson" <flbenson@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone have a functional EZNEC+ model of an 80 meter superloop
      > antenna? See the diagram at the link below.

      (trimmed)

      > Thanks,
      >
      > F. Benson
      > http://nc4fb.org <http://nc4fb.org>

      No, but a number of net controls and assistant net controls of one of my favorite 75 meter nets use the Superloop 80 to good effect. They really like it.

      73,
      Paul - AE5JU
    • Dick Bingham
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 28 7:20 AM
        Hello

        I modeled this antenna using EZNEC and it works much better on 40-meters compared to 80-meters with the top section 60-feet high. The radiation pattern displayed  for 40M was quite flat-topped (not much vertically being radiated but no null at 90-degrees) while on 80M it was radiating most of the power straight-up showing something like 6dB gain at 90-degrees.

        I should have moved the wires up to maybe 80-feet and observed the gains on both bands but, then, most folks will have a hard time getting the top wires up to 60 feet so I didn't bother to make that evaluation.

        73 - Dick/w7wkr/CN98pi

        On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Frederick Benson <flbenson@...> wrote:

        Does anyone have a functional EZNEC+ model of an 80 meter superloop antenna?  See the diagram at the link below.

        http://ars.nc4fb.org/80-meter-superloop/superloop-80-dimensions.jpg

        This antenna works as a Full Wave Loop on 80 Meters and also works as a 2 wavelength open loop or Bi-Square on the 40 Meter band.  The 450 ohm ladder line stub acts as a switch on 40 meters to create the Bi-Square configuration.

        If anyone has an EZNEC+ model of the antenna to share,  please send me a copy as an Email attachment to nc4fb@....

        Thanks,

        F. Benson
        http://nc4fb.org