Re: HIGH VOLTAGE BUTTERFLY CAPACITOR'S KITS FOR SALE

  • Lew
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 12, 2012
      and still waiting...
      What's the point in someone advertising something saying how good they are, waits a few months and posts it again, and then posts on other places as well yet never comes back with a price
      Pointless.

      --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "Lew" <lew247@...> wrote:

      > Still waiting on prices
      >

      > > the shipping can be less then $15.00
      > >
      > > in weekend I will do an estimation for yours butterfly capacitor.
      > >

      > > 73 de VA6POP
      > > Vasile

    • AlienRelics
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 12, 2012
        Perhaps you should try emailing him directly, if you haven't done so yet.

        Steve Greenfield AE7HD

        --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "Lew" <lew247@...> wrote:

        > and still waiting...
        > What's the point in someone advertising something saying how good they are, waits a few months and posts it again, and then posts on other places as well yet never comes back with a price
        > Pointless.
        >
        > --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "Lew" <lew247@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Still waiting on prices
        > >

        > > > the shipping can be less then $15.00
        > > >
        > > > in weekend I will do an estimation for yours butterfly capacitor.
        > > >

        > > > 73 de VA6POP
        > > > Vasile

      • pop_vasile
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 20, 2013

          my e-mail is

          yo5bzz(at)gmail.com

          ---In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, <alienrelics@...> wrote:

          Perhaps you should try emailing him directly, if you haven't done so yet.

          Steve Greenfield AE7HD

          --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "Lew" <lew247@...> wrote:

          > and still waiting...
          > What's the point in someone advertising something saying how good they are, waits a few months and posts it again, and then posts on other places as well yet never comes back with a price
          > Pointless.
          >
          > --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "Lew" <lew247@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Still waiting on prices
          > >

          > > > the shipping can be less then $15.00
          > > >
          > > > in weekend I will do an estimation for yours butterfly capacitor.
          > > >

          > > > 73 de VA6POP
          > > > Vasile

        • rchetley
          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 27, 2013
            Magnetic Loop antenna's tuning caps require the plates to be joined together ( welded ) no contact or wipers I did not see that you were doing this. I would love buy some of these variable caps but need the plates welded together. Do you do this or have someone to do this ?

            --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "pop" <pop_vasile@...> wrote:

            > Hi!
            >

            > I have kits available for:
            >
            > 3" OD ROTOR + 2 STATOR PLATES $3.50
            > 4" OD ROTOR + 2 STATOR PLATES $5.00
            > 5" OD ROTOR + 2 STATOR PLATES $5.75
            > 6" OD ROTOR + 2 STATOR PLATES $6.75
            > 8" OD ROTOR + 2 STATOR PLATES $9.50
            >
            > the objective of producing and selling a variety of components and
            > kits for use in the construction and home-brew of Butterfly Type
            > Variable Capacitors,voltage 2.5-15KV
            > A "Butterfly Capacitor" is a variable capacitor which usually consists
            > of a "cold" rotor plate and two independent stator plates that oppose
            > each other. The rotor plate's shape resembles that of a butterfly,
            > hence the name "Butterfly Capacitor". Butterfly Capacitors are
            > typically used in symmetrical tuned circuits such as RF power
            > amplifier stages in push-pull configuration, antenna tuners and in
            > high current applications as needed in magnetic loop antenna circuits.
            >
            > These type of capacitors are no longer main stream, nor widely
            > produced any longer, and therefore usually hard to find. When you do
            > find them, they are not cheap.
            > We are striving to keep costs to a minimum so that the average
            > hobbyist can afford to home-brew RF Amplifiers, Antenna Tuners,
            > Magnetic Loop Antennas and various other RF related items. One way
            > that we are able to make our Butterfly Capacitors affordable is to
            > leave the final assembly for the end user to perform.
            >
            > We provide the parts that require special equipment to manufacture,
            > such as our CNCr. With our CNC , we are able to produce precision
            > parts, namely the rotor and stator plates. The end user can then stack
            > the plates on some threaded aluminum rod, using pieces of tube or nuts
            > as spacers, thereby saving a large portion of the cost of what a fully
            > assembled unit would be. The items required to finish a capacitor can
            > be found at your local hardware store. We can also supply these items
            > for a slight additional cost.
            >
            > WE CAN ALSO SUPPLY THESE PARTS FOR ASSEMBLING (,ALUMINUM SPACERS,PLASTIC END PLATES) FOR AN ADDITIONAL COST
            >
            > If you are unable, or not interested in constructing your own
            > capacitor with the parts we supply and would rather have one delivered
            > in ready to install condition, please contact us for a quote.
            >

            > 73 de VA6POP
            > Vasile
            >

            > Now I'm building a Jumbo capacitor 15.000V
            > using 6" and 8" OD rotor blades
            > distance between plates 1.25"

          • Adrian Flynn
            Message 5 of 18 , Oct 29, 2013
              Don't hold your hopes up for an answer, I have asked a question 3 times in 3 weeks on one and No Answer!

              73
              Adrian KF7DYU

            • wb5wpa
              Message 6 of 18 , Oct 30, 2013

                Is this really necessary in a butterfly capacitor? Doesn't the current flow from one set of vanes on one side to the other?

                On a regular non-butterfly air variable capacitor the current from the individual vanes will 'sum' at the rotor and pass through the wiper ... but in a butterfly design doesn't the current traverse from say, the left vane to the right vane? If the vanes are one-piece, what would be the value of welding or soldering them to the rotor?

                Jim

                Message 7 of 18 , Dec 16, 2013

                  3" OD ROTOR + 2 STATOR PLATES   $ 5.00
                  4" OD ROTOR + 2 STATOR PLATES   $ 6.50