Re: [loopantennas] Re: Broomstick Antenna

  • dsears@shout.net
    Message 1 of 5 , May 9, 2012
      Thanks, William and Hue, for the info.

      Perhaps I will just try to improve my long wire situation.

      Best,
      Duane
    • Adrian Flynn
      Message 2 of 5 , May 15, 2012

        Hi Hue,
        Those "Loading coils" did work in my experience, I used a few of them on car radios for friends in Arizona
        that could not receive "KOMA Wolf Man Jack" out of Oklahoma even with antenna trimmer set for max gain at around 1400KHz.
        I don't know how they worked but they could receive "KOMA" afterwards.
        73
        Adrian KF7DYU

        One question tho for the older readers: remember those “AM antenna booster coils” that J.C. Whitney
        (for example) used to sell? Somehow they mounted on your car antenna. Since the car antenna, on MW AM
        band, is very high impedance, and in fact uses low-capacitance coax for that reason on the lead-in, how
        could this loading coil possibly work, and work for a 3:1 frequency range? Maybe it didn’t work! Or maybe
        it worked “psychologically” only?
        -Hue Miller / Newport, Oregon