Copper-tube RX loop design - questions + .maa file

  • Benoît Mangin
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 375 Bytes
    Good afternoon all,

    I'm at the same time building my first serious loop project and using MMANA for the first time.

    The loop is built as follows: 2,5 meters on each side, made out of 18mm copper tube, elevated 1m above ground, mounted on a rotator. Starting design resonant frequency: 1815kCs (160 meters, single-banded).

    Calculations an MMANA indicates 920pF for tuning to resonance (1815kHz). But what amazes me is feedpoint impedance.

    I wonder if my tuning capacitance is really put in parallel with the inductance formed by the loop itself. Isn't it in series with on end of the loop ?

    Could some MMANA pionneer help me with that ?

    I would like the loop to be a nice performer, after having tested smaller and less "thought about" models.

    Could some loop pionneer help me with that ? Have you got something to suggest me to further increase the antenna performance ?

    I keep in mind that nothing replaces on-field testing, but I can only do that on sundays...

    Hoping for friendly answers,

    de F8GRY/Ben