New USA personal (non commercial) TOA Lightning detection network.

  • compu_friend
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2012
      Hi Everyone,

      (Two loops are used for this Lightning detection system.)

      We are starting up a new TOA lightning detection network for private weather stations here in the USA. Europe has a well established system that we are expanding to the USA. In a nutshell, you put up your own detection station that feeds the net here in the USA. The system gives only station owners producing data, any data from the system.
      This is a private non commercial system for your use only. The software is free, the hardware is at cost for the core parts. Cables, PS module and such have to be obtained. If your interested in finding out what its all about, start here and look the European system over. They have 412 stations in use all over Europe. We are just starting of course. This is an extension of the European system, so its already operating. It's also starting up in the NZ area. Here is a link to look into it.

      http://www.usatoa.com/

      Here you will find the USA forum and links to all the other info.

      Gerry, San Antonio Texas