Re: Light duty rotor suggestions for Pixel loop

  • vtnn43e48073
    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 30, 2011
      Thanks Steve for clearing that up. Think that I will give one of those a try.

      Zack
      N8FNR

      --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Roberts" <sr888@...> wrote:

      > Hello Zack,
      > Sorry my fault I turned controller upside down and the drive plus controller
      > number is 9521A (for 110 volts). Nicely made unit and an easy installation.
      > I put it to good use this weekend to cancel out hash while operating the
      > contest. The MFJ1788 itself is not very directional but the rotation does
      > eliminate interference thus the selected signal is easier to hear.
      > Cheers
      > Steve Roberts VE3LEH

    • Steve Roberts
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 4, 2011
        In case you are wondering I am still fiddling with it. The mechanics of the
        antenna are complete and it is wired ready for the 75 pf variable capacitor.
        I am waiting for a good weather day and I will temporary rig the antenna and
        try it out on receive and if all seems in order I will give it a transmit
        try out at low wattage and proceed from there.
        Because the loop (1788) was so slow in tuning I decided to install a back up
        43' MFJ vertical antenna 6 to 160 meters as shown on the attached picture.
        Wonderful results, nearly as good as the yagi beams I gave up four years ago
        when I moved location.
        Cheers
        Steve Roberts VE3LEH