RE: [loopantennas] Re: MFJ1788. & home brew loop

  • Steve Roberts
    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 30, 2011
      Great so glad to hear they uploaded. Should I have uploaded them into the
      file section???
      Cheers
      Steve Roberts VE3LEH

      Message 2 of 22 , Oct 30, 2011
        Thanks Steve for clearing that up. Think that I will give one of those a try.

        Zack
        N8FNR

        --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Roberts" <sr888@...> wrote:

        > Hello Zack,
        > Sorry my fault I turned controller upside down and the drive plus controller
        > number is 9521A (for 110 volts). Nicely made unit and an easy installation.
        > I put it to good use this weekend to cancel out hash while operating the
        > contest. The MFJ1788 itself is not very directional but the rotation does
        > eliminate interference thus the selected signal is easier to hear.
        > Cheers
        > Steve Roberts VE3LEH

      • Steve Roberts
        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 4, 2011
          In case you are wondering I am still fiddling with it. The mechanics of the
          antenna are complete and it is wired ready for the 75 pf variable capacitor.
          I am waiting for a good weather day and I will temporary rig the antenna and
          try it out on receive and if all seems in order I will give it a transmit
          try out at low wattage and proceed from there.
          Because the loop (1788) was so slow in tuning I decided to install a back up
          43' MFJ vertical antenna 6 to 160 meters as shown on the attached picture.
          Wonderful results, nearly as good as the yagi beams I gave up four years ago
          when I moved location.
          Cheers
          Steve Roberts VE3LEH