RE: [loopantennas] Re: Light duty rotor suggestions for Pixel loop

  • Steve Roberts
    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 30, 2011
      Hello Zack,
      Sorry my fault I turned controller upside down and the drive plus controller
      number is 9521A (for 110 volts). Nicely made unit and an easy installation.
      I put it to good use this weekend to cancel out hash while operating the
      contest. The MFJ1788 itself is not very directional but the rotation does
      eliminate interference thus the selected signal is easier to hear.
      Cheers
      Steve Roberts VE3LEH

      Message 2 of 22 , Oct 30, 2011
        Great so glad to hear they uploaded. Should I have uploaded them into the
        file section???
        Cheers
        Steve Roberts VE3LEH

        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 30, 2011
          Thanks Steve for clearing that up. Think that I will give one of those a try.

          Zack
          N8FNR

          --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Roberts" <sr888@...> wrote:

          > Hello Zack,
          > Sorry my fault I turned controller upside down and the drive plus controller
          > number is 9521A (for 110 volts). Nicely made unit and an easy installation.
          > I put it to good use this weekend to cancel out hash while operating the
          > contest. The MFJ1788 itself is not very directional but the rotation does
          > eliminate interference thus the selected signal is easier to hear.
          > Cheers
          > Steve Roberts VE3LEH

        • Steve Roberts
          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 4, 2011
            In case you are wondering I am still fiddling with it. The mechanics of the
            antenna are complete and it is wired ready for the 75 pf variable capacitor.
            I am waiting for a good weather day and I will temporary rig the antenna and
            try it out on receive and if all seems in order I will give it a transmit
            try out at low wattage and proceed from there.
            Because the loop (1788) was so slow in tuning I decided to install a back up
            43' MFJ vertical antenna 6 to 160 meters as shown on the attached picture.
            Wonderful results, nearly as good as the yagi beams I gave up four years ago
            when I moved location.
            Cheers
            Steve Roberts VE3LEH