Help!

  • radiotech750
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 22, 2011
      I am trying to redo my BCB loop. I have the frame and wire on it but.... I got this variable 365pf cap that I have no idea how to hook up> I posted pics in the photo section.

      Ernie
    • John Hoopes
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 22, 2011
        Go to my picture folder "John's Corner" and look at picture 2. One wire goes to the frame (rotor, which is mechanical connection ) and the other to the stator which has two solder lugs. The two solder lugs can be joined to gether in parallel to provide more capactance.]

        John

      • radiotech750
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 22, 2011
          I see the two solder lugs BUT where does the other side go? I am sorry I don't understand!

          Ernie

          --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, John Hoopes <jdh1812@...> wrote:

          > Go to my picture folder "John's Corner" and look at picture 2. One wire goes to the frame (rotor, which is mechanical connection ) and the other to the stator which has two solder lugs. The two solder lugs can be joined to gether in parallel to provide more capactance.]
          > �
          > John
          > �
          > �

        • legonedijk
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 23, 2011
            --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "radiotech750" <ranger2995@...> wrote:

            > I see the two solder lugs BUT where does the other side go? I am sorry I don't understand!
            >
            > Ernie
            >
            > --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, John Hoopes <jdh1812@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Go to my picture folder "John's Corner" and look at picture 2. One wire goes to the frame (rotor, which is mechanical connection ) and the other to the stator which has two solder lugs. The two solder lugs can be joined to gether in parallel to provide more capactance.]
            > > �
            > > John
            > > �
            > > �

            Ernie,

            Go to "Photos" and look for "ernie_var_cap".

            Hope it helps a little...

            Regards,
            jan
          • John Hoopes
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 23, 2011
              You have to make a mechanical connection to the frame. I mounted the cap to single sided PC board and  connected one end of the loop to PC board using a ring terminal soldered to the loop wire. You can get ring terminals at the shack. Look at all my atenna photos.

              I see the two solder lugs BUT where does the other side go? I am sorry I don't understand!

              Ernie

              --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, John Hoopes <jdh1812@...> wrote:

              > Go to my picture folder "John's Corner" and look at picture 2. One wire goes to the frame (rotor, which is mechanical connection ) and the other to the stator which has two solder lugs. The two solder lugs can be joined to gether in parallel to provide more capactance.]
              > �
              > John
              > �
              > �

            • Bruce Carter
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 25, 2011
                From that top view - hook one side of the loop to the left lug. Hook the other side to the frame.

                If this is already in a radio - whatever you do - do NOT hook the loop between the two lugs. Results would range somewhere from non-operational to downright potentially catastrophic in a tube unit!

                If you are making a standalone box loop antenna, you may or may not hook the two sections in parallel to get more tuning range out of the loop. A bit of experimentation is sometimes called for ----

                --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "radiotech750" <ranger2995@...> wrote:

                > I am trying to redo my BCB loop. I have the frame and wire on it but.... I got this variable 365pf cap that I have no idea how to hook up> I posted pics in the photo section.
                >
                > Ernie

              • legonedijk
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 28, 2011
                  --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "radiotech750" <ranger2995@...> wrote:

                  > I am trying to redo my BCB loop. I have the frame and wire on it but.... I got this variable 365pf cap that I have no idea how to hook up> I posted pics in the photo section.
                  >
                  > Ernie

                  Hi Ernie,

                  Bruce, John and me want to know if you have any progres
                  with your BCB loop.

                  Tell us .....

                  Regards,
                  jan