Re: Capacitor connection question, mag loop

  • wwblues
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3, 2011
      If that connection is not critical, such that bolts and star washers work, wouldn't 3/4" CATV hard line make a decent loop material then?

      Bill. WW0J

    • toddroberts2001@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3, 2011
        In a message dated 7/3/2011 11:23:07 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        wwblues2@... writes:

        Hi Bill,
        Bolts and star washers "work", just not as well as silver-soldered
        connections when
        it comes to transmitting loop connections. Personally I would never use
        bolts and
        star washers to make connections to a transmitting loop. It can make the
        difference between a loop that "works", or one that is an exceptional
        performer.
        73 - Todd WD4NGG