Looking for phasing line advice for a directional delta loop array

  • bconner_01876
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2 12:18 PM
      I'm thinking of building a version of this antenna for 17 meters.

      http://www.infoark.org/InfoArk/Science-Engineering/Radio/Antennas/Gain%20Without%20Pain%20-%20A%20Beam%20Antenna%20for%20Field%20Day-Clarke_2001-06.pdf

      I've never used coax phasing lines before, and since they are longer than the distance between the elements, I was wondering about the best way to handle them. Should they be coiled somehow or left loosly looped over the support or what? How do I keep symmetry?

      My plan is to forego all the PVC supports shown and just have this as a non-rotatable array suspended by lines on the top and guys at the bottom to hold everything in position.

      If anybody has the EZNEC (or MMANA) model for this, I'd love to have a copy to play with!

      73,
      Bruce
      WB8OGK
    • Andrew
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7 6:36 AM
        --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "bconner_01876" <bruce.conner@...> wrote:

        > I'm thinking of building a version of this antenna for 17 meters.
        >
        > http://www.infoark.org/InfoArk/Science-Engineering/Radio/Antennas/Gain%20Without%20Pain%20-%20A%20Beam%20Antenna%20for%20Field%20Day-Clarke_2001-06.pdf
        >
        > I've never used coax phasing lines before, and since they are longer than the distance between the elements, I was wondering about the best way to handle them. Should they be coiled somehow or left loosly looped over the support or what? How do I keep symmetry?
        >
        > My plan is to forego all the PVC supports shown and just have this as a non-rotatable array suspended by lines on the top and guys at the bottom to hold everything in position.
        >
        > If anybody has the EZNEC (or MMANA) model for this, I'd love to have a copy to play with!
        >
        > 73,
        > Bruce
        > WB8OGK

        hi Bruce,
        Let 'em dangle if you want. They don't radiate nor receive.
        A.