Re: Bandwidth

  • kd8dey
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2011
      --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew" <m1aws@...> wrote:

      > My first transmitting loop of 3' dia had a bandwidth of 500khz@28Mhz to 3.5khz@7Mhz.
      > Care to be specific?
      >
      > There is no cut length for a magnetic loop because it is tuned via its tuning capacitor. Think of it as an LC tank circuit who's bandwidth is widened with reduced efficiency.
      >
      > --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "kd8dey" <kd8dey@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Out of curiosity, where can i find a published list of the 2:1swr bandwidth for a loop antenna cut for a "specific" band?

      I was thinking along the lines of a full wave loop made for a "specific" band using the classic 1005/F(mhz)

      Say for instance I made a loop for the 40m band using 1005/f(mhz) cut at the middle of the band. what kind of spread (Khz) would i have from center for the swr to be 2:1 or less without a tuner?