Re: Painting a loop

  • Andrew
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30 11:32 PM
      Hi Drew, it depends on your paint and how well your loop is already protected from the elements. The worst bit to worry about is the high voltage tuning end which is very conscious of any reduction in resistances.

      --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "drewbhoy67" <drewrolland@...> wrote:

      > Hello all i built a mag loop for /p /m on my motorhome that works 20m-10m .I was thinking of painting the copper pipe i used for the loop white to blend in whith the motorhome.Do you think it make any diffrence to efficiency ?
      > Ta Drew

    • drewbhoy67
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2011
        Thanks all . I just need to finish the gama match then give it a coat to match the motorhome without painting the tuning cap.
        Ta Drew