Re: [loopantennas] 2 x Wellbrook loops

  • Srh Srh
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2011
      Thank you Dominique.

      I have now mounted both on the same rotator using materials I had at home
      already.
      The gap is about 8 cm but initial tests show the same results as before, but
      time will tell. I did not use the mounts supplied
      by Wellbrook as I considered these very weak and would not have given any
      protection in high winds.

      I made a suitable mounting out of wood and if the new setup works then will
      probably make another
      mount out of plastic and perhaps increase the spacing slightly at the same time.

      Regards Stephen

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2011
        What is your application for the two loops?
        Tnx,
        Dale W4OP

        _____

        Aucun virus trouvé dans ce message.
        Analyse effectuée par AVG - www.avg.fr
        Version: 10.0.1204 / Base de données virale: 1435/3413 - Date: 30/01/2011

      • Dominique Kremp
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2011
          Each antenna is connected to a receiver. Each receiver has "his" loop !

          Hard to understand ?

          Dominique

          Normandy, France

[...]

          Version: 10.0.1204 / Base de données virale: 1435/3415 - Date: 31/01/2011

        • Dale Parfitt

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 1, 2011
              Hi Dale,

              Sorry about my "Hard to understand ?" It was just a joke ! Hope you can take it !!!

              Yes, you're entirely right, a 2 ways splitter + a single loop could do the same of course and would be less expensive !

              But I must say I had the opportunity to get the very last ALA1530 version some months ago. As I wanted to compare it to the "old" one and as I only had 1 rotator, I decided to mount both of them on the same rotator. So I could test them exactly under the same conditions with the same receiver (Perseus).

              They feed now 2 different receivers. Very convenient indeed !

              Have a look at the attached pics. Hope they can get through !

              See you

              Dominique

              Normandy, France

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 1, 2011
                I send the pics to you off-group.

                See you

                Dominique

[...]

                Version: 10.0.1204 / Base de données virale: 1435/3416 - Date: 01/02/2011