RE: [loopantennas] 2 x Wellbrook loops

  • Dominique Kremp
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 31, 2011
      Hi Stephen,

      I ask myself the same question when I mounted 2 ALA1530 on the same pole, I
      wondered if spacing was critical or not. I tried various spacings and I
      found no difference.

      Now they are pretty close to each other (15cm / 0.50ft) on the same rotator
      and both of them work splendid !

      Hope it helps

      Dominique

      NW France

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2011
        Thank you Dominique.

        I have now mounted both on the same rotator using materials I had at home
        already.
        The gap is about 8 cm but initial tests show the same results as before, but
        time will tell. I did not use the mounts supplied
        by Wellbrook as I considered these very weak and would not have given any
        protection in high winds.

        I made a suitable mounting out of wood and if the new setup works then will
        probably make another
        mount out of plastic and perhaps increase the spacing slightly at the same time.

        Regards Stephen

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2011
          What is your application for the two loops?
          Tnx,
          Dale W4OP

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1, 2011
            Each antenna is connected to a receiver. Each receiver has "his" loop !

            Hard to understand ?

            Dominique

            Normandy, France

[...]

            Version: 10.0.1204 / Base de données virale: 1435/3415 - Date: 31/01/2011

          • Dale Parfitt

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 1, 2011
                Hi Dale,

                Sorry about my "Hard to understand ?" It was just a joke ! Hope you can take it !!!

                Yes, you're entirely right, a 2 ways splitter + a single loop could do the same of course and would be less expensive !

                But I must say I had the opportunity to get the very last ALA1530 version some months ago. As I wanted to compare it to the "old" one and as I only had 1 rotator, I decided to mount both of them on the same rotator. So I could test them exactly under the same conditions with the same receiver (Perseus).

                They feed now 2 different receivers. Very convenient indeed !

                Have a look at the attached pics. Hope they can get through !

                See you

                Dominique

                Normandy, France

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 1, 2011
                  I send the pics to you off-group.

                  See you

                  Dominique

[...]

                  Version: 10.0.1204 / Base de données virale: 1435/3416 - Date: 01/02/2011