Wideband Active Loop Amplifier

  • Chris Trask
    Message 1 of 36 , Jul 16, 2010
      I just posted the schematic of an amplifier for wideband active loop antennas. The design is complete, and testing shows that OIP3 performance is around +45dBm. I have not yet done a NF test. I will have a full write-up of this design later, and it will include the details for winding the various transformers as well as Mini-Circuits substitutes where suitable.

      Chris Trask
      N7ZWY / WDX3HLB
      Senior Member IEEE
      http://www.home.earthlink.net/~christrask/
    • Daniele
      Message 36 of 36 , Jun 12, 2011
        Hello folks,

        I'm new to this group so please let me briefly introduce myself. I'm Daniele Tincani from Livorno, Italy. I'm a SWL (with special interest for LF, MF and low HF) and I like to homebrew simple projects like the one discussed in the attached messages.
        I would like to know if someone tried in practice to apply modifications suggested by Chris to the amplfier circuit proposed by John 9V1VV. In particular I would be interested in how to build the input BalBal and the output 1:1:1 BalUn and how connect the latter into the circuit.
        Best regards
        Daniele