Re: Ferrite Loop vs Air Core Loop

  • tenorman1952
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 30, 2010
      --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, Paul V Birke PEng <nonlinear@...> wrote:

      > Dear John et al
      >
      > all discussion about front end physics of the ferrite
      >
      > one way to treat the noise is on the output
      >
      > I use DSP units on my ham equipment but should work fine for MW listerns
      >
      > I have the West Mountain ClearSpeech little boxie ~ 187 $
      >
      > also just got and using the new BHI deluxe in line noise DSP which I really like a lot
      > this unit is on sale this month of 125 pounds, very quick delivery
      >
      > both these units and others such as TimeWave can be used to effectively remove noise at the audio output stage
      >
      > best wishes
      > Paul VE3PVB

      I have the West Mountain CLR-SPKR DSP speaker, which I use with my Icom 718 and R75... I now have those two units slaved together and use the MFJ-1708 RF Sense Switch to switch between them for RX and TX.

      I previously had the BHI module installed internally to a Yaesu FT-897. To my ear, they are both probably based on the same chip. They both have 4 levels of DSP and the levels have the same "sound". The West Mountain CLR-SPKR is certainly much easier to install, just plug it in.

      A huge improvement.

      73
      Paul
      AE5JU