File - UploadingFilesLinksPhotos.txt

  • loopantennas@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 100 , Jun 1, 2005
      If you have a link relevant to the group, please post it in the Links section. If you just put it in a message, it will get lost in the shuffle after a few days. The coverage of the list is pretty broad.

      All members can upload Links, Files, and Photos.

      A few guidelines:

      Try to place them in the proper folder, if it exists. If not, you can either just put it in the root folder and eventually I'll move it into the proper place, or create a folder.

      When creating a folder or uploading a file or photo, please don't use spaces or punctuation. You can either use caps for the first letter of each word, or use underscore as a space.

      Like this: "4x8Loop" or "4x8_loop" or "Steves_4x8_Loop"

      Not like this: "Steve's 4 x 8 Loop." That goes for Folder names and File names.

      A special note about the Photos section: Although it will allow arbitrarily large images, it will only show them to the moderator and whoever uploaded them. Everyone else can only see a resampled max of 300x400 pixels. So anything over that in Photos is a waste of storage. So crop in to the important parts and resample to about 300x400. For photos, JPG saves smaller and looks better, for line drawings GIF is smaller and looks better. If you need to post a schematic diagram that would be unreadable at 300x400, I strongly suggest the Files section as it has no such limitations.

      Feel free to ask if you need help figuring out how to crop and resample. Irfanview is a fairly easy to use program that loads just about any file, you can crop and resample from there: http://www.irfanview.com

      Or for more complex stuff, another free program is GIMP: http://www.gimp.org

      A last note: if you see something in any folder or in the messages that looks like spam or simply inappropriate, don't post on the list- email me directly and tell me about it and I'll take care of it with a minimum of fuss.
      loopantennas-owner@yahoogroups.com

      Thanks,
      Steve Greenfield
    • loopantennas@yahoogroups.com
      Message 100 of 100 , Apr 1 5:29 AM
        If you have a link relevant to the group, please post it in the Links section. If you just put it in a message, it will get lost in the shuffle after a few days. The coverage of the list is pretty broad.

        All members can upload Links, Files, and Photos.

        A few guidelines:

        Try to place them in the proper folder, if it exists. If not, you can either just put it in the root folder and eventually I'll move it into the proper place, or create a folder.

        When creating a folder or uploading a file or photo, please don't use spaces or punctuation. You can either use caps for the first letter of each word, or use underscore as a space.

        Like this: "4x8Loop" or "4x8_loop" or "Steves_4x8_Loop"

        Not like this: "Steve's 4 x 8 Loop." That goes for Folder names and File names.

        A special note about the Photos section: Please crop in to the important parts. For photos, JPG saves smaller and looks better, for line drawings GIF is smaller and looks better. Please do not use TIFF/TIF or BMP files, the file size is way too big and I may delete without notice.

        Feel free to ask if you need help figuring out how to crop and resample. Irfanview is a fairly easy to use program that loads just about any file, you can crop and resample from there: http://www.irfanview.com

        Or for more complex stuff, another free program is GIMP: http://www.gimp.org

        Attachments are now allowed, but please use judiciously. Rather than going out with the messages, they will be stored on the list but you'll get a link with the message.