20 meter transmitting loop antenna

  • vaclav sal
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2009
      I have recently found and lost a construction article on 20 meter TX small loop made from hard line coax. The author did not use tuning capacitor. The loop was tuned to frequency using old fashioned gimmick capacitor made from twisting wires together.  Does anybody in this group knows what article I am talking about? Google is no help!
      Thanks for reading  73 Vaclav AA7EJ

    • capntripps2000
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2009
        The only difference making a 20M magnetic transmitting loop with a gimmick capacitor is no different than using a regular capacitor, I have done both. Only use the gimmick capacitor if you intend to use low power (QRP).

        Here is a link you will find interesting that uses both a gimmick capacitor and hardline for a compact loop:

        http://www.antennex.com/hws/ws0902/hardline.html

        I have built the above using 7/8" aluminum hardline and it does work with powers up to about 20watts.

        Andrew
        N3LCW