Re: Litz Wire - ferrite loop

  • gmcjetpilot
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2009
      Great work. Very nice antennas. However what is even better, who are the two beautiful woman?

      GRANDE TRABALHO. antenas muito agradáveis. entretanto que é mesmo melhor, que é a mulher dois bonita?

      Sorry I can't help with the Litz wire question, but thanks for the post. I read about the power outage in Brazil.

      I pesaroso can' ajuda de t com a pergunta do fio de Litz, mas agradecimentos para o borne. Eu li sobre o falho eléctrico em Brasil.

      Bom por meu amigo

      (PS - I don't know Portuguese, just the translator on the computer. I have been to the Azores many times, which is part of Portugal.)

      --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "sarmento2k" <sarmento.campos@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      > This is my first post on this group, and I would like to show some pictures of two loop antennas I like most, mainly for MW dxing.
      >
      > The first one, a square loop made with wood, which is either coupled passive, to portable receivers like Sony ICF-2001 or active, with a preamp buffering low impedance matching to 50 Ohms input of Icom R75.
      >
      > http://www.sarmento.eng.br/LoopQuadroOM.htm
      >
      > (it´s in Portuguese, but you may also see the calculations used on it)
      >
      > The other one, is a loop stick ferrite antenna.
      >
      > http://www.sarmento.eng.br/LoopFerriteRGP3.htm
      >
      > Recently, I have found in my messy shack :-) some Litz wire, and I did a new coil based on it, and performance on MW is really a must comparing to the magnetic wire 23 AWG.
      >
      > The Litz wire used is composed by 60 strands of 40 AWG, in theory, not the right one to MW, but it looks fine comparing to enameled wire 23 AWG.
      >
      > Just to point that the day of the recently shaming blackout in Brazil, I listened to BSKSA Jedah, Saudi Arabia, 1512 kHz with excellent sound, using this antenna and a Sangean ATS909.
      >
      > Post at : http://blog.sarmento.eng.br/2009/11/11/blackout-no-brasil-oportunidade-impar-para-a-radioescuta/
      >
      > My question,is about Litz wire, does anyone have tested and compared the same kind of loop using different wires to measure its gain over "regular" one ?
      >
      > Best Regards
      >
      > Sarmento Campos
      > Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

    • zehelmer
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2009
        Hi,

        Jetpilot, the translator is just funny ;-)

        very nice antennas --> antennas quite pleasant

        who are the two beautiful woman? --> what is the woman two beautiful?

        thanks for the post --> thanks to the connector

        We have to use very simple (linear) phrasing ;-)

        (what about reverting the translation back to original?)

        ***Congratulations for the nice works presented by Sarmento***

        Have all a nice season there ;-)

        Jose' Silva / CT1AXG / Portugal

        --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "gmcjetpilot" <gmcjetpilot@...> wrote:

        > Great work. Very nice antennas. However what is even better, who are the two beautiful woman?
        >
        > GRANDE TRABALHO. antenas muito agradáveis. entretanto que é mesmo melhor, que é a mulher dois bonita?
        >

        > Sorry I can't help with the Litz wire question, but thanks for the post. I read about the power outage in Brazil.
        >
        > I pesaroso can' ajuda de t com a pergunta do fio de Litz, mas agradecimentos para o borne. Eu li sobre o falho eléctrico em Brasil.
        >
        > Bom por meu amigo
        >
        > (PS - I don't know Portuguese, just the translator on the computer. I have been to the Azores many times, which is part of Portugal.)
        >

        > --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "sarmento2k" <sarmento.campos@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi
        > >
        > > This is my first post on this group, and I would like to show some pictures of two loop antennas I like most, mainly for MW dxing.
        > >
        > > The first one, a square loop made with wood, which is either coupled passive, to portable receivers like Sony ICF-2001 or active, with a preamp buffering low impedance matching to 50 Ohms input of Icom R75.
        > >
        > > http://www.sarmento.eng.br/LoopQuadroOM.htm
        > >
        > > (it´s in Portuguese, but you may also see the calculations used on it)
        > >
        > > The other one, is a loop stick ferrite antenna.
        > >
        > > http://www.sarmento.eng.br/LoopFerriteRGP3.htm
        > >
        > > Recently, I have found in my messy shack :-) some Litz wire, and I did a new coil based on it, and performance on MW is really a must comparing to the magnetic wire 23 AWG.
        > >
        > > The Litz wire used is composed by 60 strands of 40 AWG, in theory, not the right one to MW, but it looks fine comparing to enameled wire 23 AWG.
        > >
        > > Just to point that the day of the recently shaming blackout in Brazil, I listened to BSKSA Jedah, Saudi Arabia, 1512 kHz with excellent sound, using this antenna and a Sangean ATS909.
        > >
        > > Post at : http://blog.sarmento.eng.br/2009/11/11/blackout-no-brasil-oportunidade-impar-para-a-radioescuta/
        > >
        > > My question,is about Litz wire, does anyone have tested and compared the same kind of loop using different wires to measure its gain over "regular" one ?
        > >
        > > Best Regards
        > >
        > > Sarmento Campos
        > > Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

      • gmcjetpilot
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 2, 2009
          --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "zehelmer" <zehelmer@...> wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > Jetpilot, the translator is just funny ;-)

          Going from Portuguese to English is even funnier!
          We have simple phrases to say it in English. ;-)

          >> who are the two beautiful woman?
          > what is the woman two beautiful?

          Woman, Ladies, Girls, Females.... Chicas
          In your post, you gave a link to pictures.
          In one of those pictures were two woman.
          The two woman were standing, arms out pointing.
          They were pointing to a poster display on the wall, for an antenna.
          You don't know what I am talking about?

          Cheers