Re: Wire material

  • tenorman1952
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 23, 2009
      --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "Howard" <virginia_gentleman48@...> wrote:

      > --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Groves" <kd7mg@> wrote:
      > >

      > > So true! They all recommended black Dacron rope with 3/16 being the most common used. I'm planning on using an egg insulator in each corner. One side of the loop will be between 2 towers, with the

      (trimmed)

      I've found the 500' rolls of 14 ga and 12 ga stranded insulated wire at Home Depot. Available in a variety of colors, I purchased black. The 14 gauge wire is $25/roll. The 12 gauge wire is $40/roll.

      For rope, I use black parachute cord. This can be found via Google search. You can buy other colors, but black seems to disappear into the background. I bought a 250' spool.

      Paul
      AE5JU