Re: [loopantennas] Re: Loop feed point pics

  • vaclav sal
    Message 1 of 35 , Mar 10 3:14 PM
      Mike, since you are looking for a receiving antenna your main objective should be an antenna configuration providing largest possible "capture area". It is not that important to provide feed with "matching impedance" to your receiver. However, a "real" Earth ground is very helpful.
      73 Vaclav AA7EJ

    • Chris Trask
      Message 35 of 35 , Mar 22 1:28 PM

        > Thank you for your comments on this thread, I have noted the books
        to follow-up.
        > Thanks to the list moderator, I seem to have ' wandered ' a little from
        the radio path hi!

        Even though it's far off-topic, I enjoyed hearing from others who have
        an avid interest on Arctic exploration. I have many other books yet to
        read, and would like to find a copy of one written by Vilhjalmur Stefansson,
        who was probably the single most incompetent Arctic explorer of record. His
        disregard for others resulted in the loss of life of the members of the
        Karluk in 1913-1914.

        Another interesting book is "My Polar Flights" by Umberto Nobile, in
        which he describes the crash and subsequent rescue of the survivors of the
        airship (dirigible) Italia, which was slammed against the ice cap by a
        severe storm. The incident was made into a movie named "The Red Tent",
        which has a very vivid depiction of the crash.

        Chris

        ,----------------------. High Performance Mixers and
        / What's all this \ Amplifiers for RF Communications
        / extinct stuff, anyhow? /
        \ _______,--------------' Chris Trask / N7ZWY
        _ |/ Principal Engineer
        oo\ Sonoran Radio Research