40 wire loop

  • Philip
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2005
      Hello all,

      I am new to Loop antennas on HF, having always previously used trapped
      vertical antennas until recently.

      I would like to put a full size 40m wire loop in my loft fed with
      300ohm slotted feeder, going to a 4:1 balun and fed with 50 ohm coaxial
      cable.

      I have read somewhere that the 40m loop will need to be cut to a lesser
      length than exactly 40m, can any of you guys tell me the exact length
      please? Do I need to take into account the length of the 300ohm slotted
      feeder or does that not affect the loop?

      Also will this 40m wire loop resonate as a 1/2 wave loop on 80m?

      Regards

      Philip G0ISW

      http://www.qsl.net/g0isw