Loop with 4 or 6 turns

  • Torben Mellerup
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16 10:52 PM
      Hi

      I have made a 90cm loop with 14mm CATV-cable (it has a
      full cu tube :-)). This loop is designed mainly for listening
      on 40 meters and none HAM freq. around 40 meters. Goes from
      about 6,3 Mhz to 11,5 Mhz with the capacitor im using (taken
      from a dead kitchen radio :-)). I have been calculatin on
      it with AA5TB excel sheet and it seem that theory and practical
      goes well :-)
      Now i would like to make a much larger loop with the same
      type of coax (i work for a Cable operator so therefore its
      easy for me getting the stuff :-)) but if i consider a 6 meter
      loop it's so large it's impossible to handle, what happens
      if i do it in 5 turns with a diameter of 1,2 meters ?
      And what spacing between each turn should i use ?
      The feeder loop what dimension should i use, i have used 1/5
      circumfence on the 40 m loop.

      Hop to have some good advises :-)

      Best regards
      oz1tmk, loc: JO45WS