Gregory Browne

  • David
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 4, 2008
      As in the title, who is this person ??

      I keep receiving grouply invitations from them and I'm getting pissed
      off with receiving them.

      David
      GM7UED
      Aberdeen
    • Steve
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2008
        Normally I'd not want this discussed on the list but I'd like to know
        if others are receiving these. I don't want this to take on a life of
        its own, though.

        Greg is a member of this list.

        Greg?

        At this point I consider Grouply invitations spam. I've received them
        personally and as a moderator of groups and I am sick of it. I won't
        immediately condemn anyone for having their name attached to a Grouply
        invitation.

        Steve Greenfield
        Your friendly neighborhood moderator

        --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "David" <gm7ued@...> wrote:

        > As in the title, who is this person ??
        >
        > I keep receiving grouply invitations from them and I'm getting pissed
        > off with receiving them.
        >
        > David
        > GM7UED
        > Aberdeen

      • cank13cat
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 4, 2008
          Yeh, I started receiving Grouply invitations this year. No idea on
          which Yahoo group it might have started since I'm on several, all
          radio related. No biggie, I just delete 'em and block the sender.
          Some folks who tried Grouply didn't realize that what they considered
          personal information such as mailing lists might be hijacked for
          spamming by Grouply.

          --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <alienrelics@...> wrote:

          > ...I consider Grouply invitations spam...
        • Paul V Birke PEng
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 4, 2008
            At this point I consider Grouply invitations spam.

            en francaisexactement

            this is the ONLY way to treat them

            Paul in Guelph

          • Howard Bingham
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 4, 2008
              The list owner/moderator needs to go into the subscriber data base & ban
              the member (If really a Loopantennas member..

              Best thing to do, hit the delete button..

              If you know how to write "kill file" filters for your e-mail client,
              make one that filters out any message in subject line that includes the
              "Grouply" name..

              The subscriber if reading this, needs to find a NEW ISP, as once
              password & security code is given Grouply, their address can be used by
              anyone with Grouply access to spam everyone in their address book. (If
              the subscriber is using a Yahoo.com address, they need to drop Yahoo.com
              & get some other web mail address on another service such as Hotmail, as
              their computer has been compromised as long as they maintain a Yahoo
              account.).

              In short: DELETE anything that says GROUPLY..! It is nothing but bad
              news..!

              Howard Bingham
              KE5APJ

              --

              David wrote:

              > As in the title, who is this person ??
              >
              > I keep receiving grouply invitations from them and I'm getting pissed
              > off with receiving them.
              >
              > David
              > GM7UED
              > Aberdeen

              .
            • Andy
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 7, 2008
                > In short: DELETE anything that says GROUPLY..! It is nothing but bad
                > news..!

                I almost agree with you.

                However, there's a couple of members on another ham radio oriented group I
                belong to, who wisely use Grouply, and I and the group have never seen any
                spam or other junk from these folks. The only reason I know they use
                Grouply, is a 1-line mention of it at the bottom of their emails.

                So it is possible to use Grouply and not have trouble. But you need to know
                to change the settings, to make Grouply behave.

                (I am not in favor of indiscriminately banning anyone who uses Grouply.
                Only those whose use of it results in unwanted junk for the rest of us.)

                Andy