Re: [loopantennas] Introduction and questions

  • brian russell
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2008
      Paul,
      Have a Google search for details of building a 2m Moxon Loop,
      a compact single element antenna, no fancy tuning, ' just cut and go '
      great F/B ratio.
      W3RNL site had a ' stand alone ' calculator for them.
      72, Brian, G0NSL-QRP.

    • tenorman1952
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2008
        --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, Jim Dunstan <jdunstan@...> wrote:
        > >My questions is as follows:
        > >
        > >1. I have a restriction in placeing an antenne, and wonderd if a 2m
        loop
        > >antenne will help in covering most of the reapeters close to me? I
        do have
        > >a small mobile antenne to use for genreal coverage but can only
        connect to
        > >1 repeater at the moment, that is why the question.

        I've been using a 2m J-pole with good success. It is on the top of a
        20' (6m) mast, and I easily hit a repeater 45 miles (72 km) away with
        only 8 watts.

        Paul C.
        AE5JU