Re: Oldest Varicoupler Photo

  • dean_0_way
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2008
      --- In loopantennas@yahoogroups.com, "WA1IBN" <wa1ibn@...> wrote:

      > I finally got the "Oldest varicoupler?" photo loaded.
      > Am interested in comments.
      > Herb Dean WA1IBN@...
      >
      > Nice Herb ;
      The guy who was selling the bakelite ones on the bay, also had one that
      was wood like yours but his was painted a soft red color so i agree you
      have the oldest one !]

      Thanks for the pic

      Dean-0

    • John
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
        Herb,
        http://crystalradio.org/May98.html
        I found this group called the "Xtal Set Society" which published a
        picture of a 1922-vintage variometer in their May-98 newsletter.
        It's round, not square, but otherwise looks a lot like yours.

        Perhaps yours is even older.

        You might want to contact them and show them your photo. They can
        probably pinpoint the era it was made.

        HTH,
        John/AF4EX