indoor slinky flag

  • DAVID
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2008
      here is a vid of my indoor slinky flag sorry about it being dark but u
      can make it out cheers david h
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVP9jUAuhOc
    • Paul V Birke PEng
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 30, 2008
        Dear David

        thanks for the video

        very nice implementation

        I am wondering about the placement of the termination resistor (variable, nice) and the balun at the bottom corners. I thought usually the flag is constructed with these at centre height on the vertical portions of the antenna. Do you gain an advantage in the gain pattern at the bottom or was (and is I should say) just convenient to put them at the corners

        best wishes
        Paul in Guelph ON Canada

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 30, 2008
          hi as my flag is in the attic its easier to feed at the corners rather than ducking under
          coax on the way up to the shack. as for rejection etc there seems no difference ie i have holland on 1008 khz which is s9++ but i cun null it out with the resistor to virtually zero with a spanish in its place and this hopefully lets the signals come in from the west and north west .. cheers david ... ayrshire scotland

        • Gary Pewitt
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 30, 2008
            Very nice. I've made slinky dipoles before but never thought of making
            a slinky vertical loop. I just may give that a try.
            Congrats on having a very original idea.
            73 Gary N9ZSV