single turn loop v multi turn loop

  • DAVID
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2008
      i have been doing a few tests on a single turn mw loop against a 6
      turn mw loop and i have found the single turn loop is MUCH quieter
      than the multi turn loop and is rejecting the european splatter off
      the back of the loop with ease. the single loop is the same dimensions
      as the pick up loop in the multi turn loop ie 7 feet long and 5.9 feet
      high its fed at the corner i want for maximum direction with a 48/11
      turn ol balun and in the oppostie corner i have a 1000 ohm terminating
      resistor i did try a viariable resistor here but couldnt get a dip. i
      also use the palstar aa30 active antenna / pre selector on the single
      loop. the results have surprised me as i didnt think there would be
      much of a difference but there is a big difference. both loops are in
      my attic and i think the 6 turn loop will be made into a single turn
      and pointed to africa. you can hear the difference here
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kociy23DBuk
      many thanks david ... ayrshire scotland