Re: Twin Coil antenna in the "Patents" section and combining transformer

  • airchecklover
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 9 8:11 AM
      > Yes!
      > I wanted to show those bad photos here also, so you don't need to
      go to the Shortwave-SWL-etc. at all!
      > Just find the photos down here at the corresponding cathegory, if
      you are interested.
      > 73,
      > ami

      Thanks for the pictures Ami.
      How does your home brew ferrites work compared to the CCrane
      Twin-Ferrite?
      How does your BCL loop work compared to other antennas (I have one too
      - want to know if I can build a better active loop).

      Mark
    • aimo ruoho
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 9 4:07 PM
        Thanks for interest, Mark!
        At present I only can give you rather good (?) results of the CCrane antenna: 567kHz /kc/s (Murcia): S9 + 50 dB; 855kHz (Murcia): S9 + 55 dB; 1053 kHz (Arabic): S9 + 35 dB; 1539kHz(Elche/Elx): S9 +35 dB.
        My Copper tube Loop gives (without any amplification) 567 kHz: S9 + 2dB; 855 kHz: S9 + 5 dB
        Ferrite rods give without amplification about S6+AM/MW, but better signals on SW than MW/AM. Signal is usually quite acceptable of quality...

        If you mean with the BCL antenna the one, that I built of the Kit from Australia, I will tell some results here: Tipaza, Algeria on 252 kHz, Murcia 855kHz (the battery exhausted, I guess?)
        I have to make a decent rod for MW, which really is not of my main interest.
        (( It may be possible, that I used a wrong type of PVC tube in my prototypes? This grey type possibly includes metal of some kind?I have to buy the suggested red tube instead or use the ferrite rods just covered with paper and tape?))
        The Ferrite Magnetic Loop Antennas from Lithuania give a lot better signals on MW. I have to put one of the two, that i received, into a decent box to easier use it as a directive antenna. These rods are covered by coils made of Litz, which I don't have here.
        The received results obviously depend on the ATU or Preselector used with? I have to make a lot of further tests, I guess... That will take more time.
        Sorry for not found any real DX this time!
        Thanks for interest and Best Regards from Ami