The KI6GD Loop Calculator

  • qrpbear
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2004
      Just uploaded the KI6GD Loop Calculator to the Files Section.
      Something that I have been meaning to do for a long time. For those
      unfamiliar with the program, it allows you to enter a given loop
      circumference and operating frequency (as well as other parameters).
      It will then calculate the Q, efficiency, bandwidth, voltage across
      the resonating capacitor, ohmic loss, radiation resistance, etc, etc.
      Really great for doing "what if" calculations.

      It does square, octagonal and circular form loops... but it doesn't
      do multi-turn loops. I'm still looking for a simple Windows-based
      calculator for multi-turn loop calculation.

      Enjoy!

      73,

      'Bear' NH7SR
    • Steve
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7, 2004
        Very cool. And thanks for posting in the Links, too!

        Steve