3-5-7 turn Coaxial Loops

  • Garth M.Conover
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 17, 2005
      Looking to find a site or guru here for guidance in regard to
      building a multi (odd) turn count Large diameter Coax loop. I
      invision large diameter Hardline. I find very conflicting info in my
      search. For instance I see some multi turns having a cut in the
      shield @ the top of each turn and others with only 1 space. I see
      insulated connectors on one side, I also see the center conductor in
      some designs indicating a direct center conductor to braid AKA DC
      short to the outer shield. Then I see 3 turn RG8 type loops with the
      braids soldered together. Just does not add up. Even Joe Carrs books
      contradict from one page to another. Very confusing. Any referal to a
      comprhensive Coax loop site or a Coax loop Construction Book would be
      greatly appreciated. In the event of a Guru having the right stuff
      please contact me directly @ EWRTSAatMSNdotCOM. I will certainly
      share my project and results once it is finished. Just do not want to
      clutter up the board with 10 thousand questions
    • Steve Greenfield
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 17, 2005
        --- "Garth M.Conover" <EWRTSA@...> wrote:

        > ... In the event of a Guru having the right
        > stuff
        > please contact me directly @ EWRTSAatMSNdotCOM. I will certainly
        > share my project and results once it is finished. Just do not
        > want to
        > clutter up the board with 10 thousand questions

        But... that -is- what the list is for, and if done off list, no one
        else gets the benefit.

        Steve Greenfield